An introduction on LCMT 2019 rides
- Etap 1 : Houffalize - Mur de Borzée/La Roche - Houffalize : XL-distance 92 km - Large 63 km - Medium 48 km
- Superb stage over some real 'Walls' around La Roche. The 'Mur' de Borzée and the 'Mur' de Moulin de Strument are famous. Also shorter versions of course (without those big climbings).
- Etap 2 : Houffalize - Clervaux - Houffalize: XL 94 km - large 71 km - medium 46 km
- Many singletracks today in the beautyful environment of Grand Duché de Luxemburg, nearby pittoresque Clervaux and its Abbey
- Etap 3 : Houffalize - Bertogne - Houffalize: 76 km of 42 km (2 distances on final day)
- This was are opening stage in 2018 and it was very well appreciated. Lots of woods, a real Ardenne-experience. Max. 76 km on this final day and therefor 'only 2 choices' on distances. Passage at the famous La Chouffe beer brewery in the end!
Parcours - maps of the stages - profiles - stage stories 2019
On top of this page you get introduced in the 21th edition of the LCMT for mountainbikers.
Go to our LCMT-CHANNEL (videos) to see some of our action scenes.
Down below you can see also distances and ascent meters for every stage & XL/Large version. Be sure of one thing: this is the best you can experience in the Belgian-Luxembourg Ardennes on a mountainbike!
Table with distances & ascent meters (LCMT 2019)
Stage 1 (a maximum of pure bike-fun with 40 km of wood trails, discover the 'unknown'!)
91,7 km - 2512 ascent meters
48 km - 1300 ascent meters
Stage 2 (up to Luxemburg & Clervaux Abbey)
97 km & 2526 ascent meters
76 km & 2130 ascent meters
52 km & 1150 ascent meters (only in case of bad weather)
Stage 3: Boucles d'Houffalize
76 km & 2125 ascent meters
55 km & 1500 hm
This is the story of 2018
The first stage will start straight away direction Côte de St.-Roch. Beautiful biking direction Bonnerue and further up against the sharp Ourthe-flanks. We cross over to Warempage. First supply zone. If you are in to a rather calm start of your fun-tour, it’s an option to go back from here and limit you to the ' 47 km'-trip. Any how, that's the only shortcut option in this ride. Perhaps more ' medium ' so and not really "large", although we have put it in our review under that umbrella. The supply zone, however, is also the gateway to a never before discovered mountainbike area in LCMT. We designed indeed a 40 km long biking trail through beautiful Ardennes forest. Enjoy this succession of descents and climbs. During our winter exploration it was quite a challenge to keep our feet dry when (on foot) crossing the water near Mousny. But, all the time off road biking in this fully wooded area is a 100% nature experience! We get our second supply near Givroulle (Bertogne) and also found a challenging ‘best climber’-contest just after crossing the main road Bertogne-La Roche. A spicy climb over typical stones brings us back to Warempage (supply again, same as 1st passage). The LCMT-bike peloton then turn on course to Engreux, also there is another rather long ascent. With what you already have done, fatigue in the legs sure will play in everyone's judgment about the gravity of that slope. Through the environment of Achouffe (remain south of the ‘beer-village') we get the finish gradually in sight.
Houffalize - Warempage - Houffalize
1350 ascent meters
1305 ascent meters
If you have not so much time to do all the hours training before, this is a perfect start of your LCMT Ardennes adventure. Sure, tomorrow you will even feel stronger!
1756 ascent metres
Etappe 3 - Houffalize - Bertogne/La Chouffe - Houffalize
Houffalize - Bertogne/Givroulle - Achouffe - Houffalize (Saint-Roch)