Book your hotel now (final days of exclusivity for LCMT-riders)
As hotel Vayamundo has his own policy for the bookings, it's now the moment to book your hotel if not yet done. We also can, help you finding suitable lodgings! So don't hesitate to contact us!
You can also park your mobilhome at the finish-zone + the organisation will provide each day superb 'sporting dinner' in the LCMT-buffet!
As for the current still available tickets for the LCMT-events itself, it's getting close also: only 20 remaining MTB-tickets and 50 road tour tickets available now...
Latest video here!
More videos about coming LCMT HERE
FAQ: How daily starts will be organized? (+ video presentation LCMT2019)
Escorted by police & organisation vehicles from hotel towards daily official start
Riders staying at the hotel Vayamundo are given the facility to cycle with the group at a leisurely pace to official starting point, the RESC Houffaloise football stadium. The organisation provides safe guidance in consultation with local police. We cycle through the center of Houffalize, avoiding the steap St.-Roch climbing and following the main road 'Rue de Bastogne', till we go back right arriving at the football stadium. A good warming up! Daily departure : 30 minutes before official start from car parking nearby hotel Vayamundo. Riders who stay elsewhere of course may join the group! Still everybody is free to make it at the official start by his/her own means (even using your car as there is enough parking nearby the stadium).
Shortcut to start with Saint-Roch climbing (112 ascent meters) is a matter of personal choice (2,3 km 'shorter').
This group escorted warming up ride will take approximately 15-20 minutes. Still a bit of time left to install yourself in the start-boxes.
Start boxes, what?
Especially for the mountainbike contest we work with start boxes. First day = 50 first registrated mountainbikers + top 10 of last year's edition in BOX 1. They start behind organisation and police cars on a neutralized downhill (big road), before going left and climbing the Saint-Roch hill. On that moment OFFICIAL START will be given. In the mean time second group follows a minute later also behind ORGANISATION CAR. But this group will have closed the gap with Group 1 just before starting the climbing of Saint-Roch.
Finally BOX 3 = all fun-bikers (no competition): as a fun-biker you are allowed to start with group 2. Or you stay in BOX 3, waiting until first passage (after Saint-Roch) of the others. On that moment all fun-mountainbikers can follow the competition bikers, without having done the steap Saint-Roch climbing.
On day 2 and day 3 BOX 1 will be filled up according to your general standings!
How does daily start procedure works for ROADTOUR-riders?
On day 1 and 3, the stage starts straight south-east or south-west,immediately along smoothly up and down roads. No 'steap' wall-climbing in the start! On day 2, the whole group goes down back to Houffalize center behind ORGANISATION & POLICE cars. Afther having crossed Houffalize town, official start will be given once we are on the road up to La Roche.
How does it work if you are a CROSS-DUATLETE?
Cross-duathlon is part of the 3 days mountainbike tour. All cross-duatletes start 5 minutes before official start of MOUNTAINBIKE-tour is given. Thev have a 6 km trial run to do first. After getting back at the finish/startzone, they pick up their mountainbikes in a guarded parking box and they start the LARGE-stage (not the XL-distances!). After the biking part another trial run of 6 km has to be done.
more detailed info under the webpage INFO/GENERAL INFO)
Thanks to all riders, bikers, but also to our crew members and sponsors! Up to LCMT 2018 (20nd edition)!
We want to express our gratitude to all participants, to all crew members and to all our sponsors for being all essential members of this tropical LCMT-experience!
We can announce already that although we do not think it still can be 'hotter' after this year's edition, the 2018 LCMT (10 - 13 May) will be great again.
All riders will receive a digital inquiry in which you can give your opinion on several services. As a matter of fact, if less is more, we are convinced that our next step will be a bit less work for current people who run this event during the whole year and put their shoulders under the whole package during the 4 days. So we will start up the searching for a few extra high quality assistants who can take over some of the responsabilties. You can help us to keep up this already high standards by spreading the news. As for the competition riders we apologize not being able to publish the final results on day 3. Some technical problems with the time registrations urged us to wait another night before launching this online. We also will consider this aspect as a priority for our competition tour. It's an aspect that needs to be outsourced completely, so we only co-operate with a time registration company that does take this in a 100% engagement.
Do you still have to finish your payment? How to log in and check your data?
Check your data and verify your payment. How much still to pay? Or has it been confirmed already by our administration? This is how you manage:
- Button 'to subscribe' or go straight to www.lcmt.bike
- Use your e-mailaddress (the one you used to subscribe) + password
- Lost your password? Ask a new one -->will be sent automatically to your mailbox
- You have access again to verify what you wanted. And you can see also if your payment has been verified by us (status!)
- If it seems something is not as you thought to have asked for, contact us! Also if something must be changed. Only our 'admin' has the facility to modify anything on your participation.
- What can be done by you? If you are main-booker, it's only you that has the power to add another cyclist under your name.
Do I choose for mountainbike, road cycling of both? Or even triathlon or cross-duathlon!
A hard choice to make since we have 3 days of mountainbiking and 3 days of road cycling in this LCMT-event.
3 more options are now to be considered: the 'combination tour', whicht is on day 1 & 3 = use your road bicycle; on day 2 & 4 = go on your mountainbike!
Or you may ride the 4 days triathlon "King of the Ardennes": running, swimming and 3 days road cycling + final day on the mountainbike!
Now to complete our story we added the cross-duathlon: 3 days mountainbike, but also 2 times a day a trail run is waiting for you! Make a choice and achieve your personal goals!
Wat wordt het straks voor jou?
- MOUNTAINBIKE: 3-daagse 31/5 - 2/6 keuzes uit COMPETITIE XL-afstand, COMPETITIE 'large-afstand' en RECREATIEF (XL, Large of Medium-afstand)
- CYCLO: weg-3-daagse 30/5 - 1/6 keuze uit CHRONO (goud - zilver - brons) XL-afstand of Large-afstand en RECREATIEF (XL, Large of Medium-afstand)
- COMBI-TOUR: vierdaagse 30/5 - 2/6 enkel COMPETITIEF XL-afstand (dag 1 en 3 op de koersfiets, dag 2 en 4 op de mountainbike, laatste dag wel slechts de 'large'-mtb)
- TRIATHLON: vierdaagse 30/5 - 2/6 enkel COMPETITIEF maar 2 afstandkeuzes zijnde XL-triathlon en 'Large'-triathlon (bij dit laatste fiets je 3 dagen 'Large'-cyclo). 3 dagen op de koersfiets, laatste dag 'Large'-MTB, aangevuld met loop- en zwemproeven (details onder triathlon-pagina).
- CROSS-DUATHLON: 3-daagse 31/5 - 2/6 enkel COMPETITIEF, dagelijks eerst 6 km lopen, dan de 'Large-MTB-etappe' en finaal nog eens 6 km lopen.
How to arrange lodgings?
If you want the best price, subscribe NOW!
With or without our hotel formula? This is entirely up to you! Go to our REGISTER page. First things first = to subscribe for our cycling & mountainbike tour, make a choice whether you want to mountainbike, cycle on road bike. Or perhaps you prefer the 'combi'-formula, the challenge of triathlon or cross-duathlon.
Also to be mentionned under mountainbike or road tour: with or without timings.
For your lodgings, several options available, but most participants will first check facilities in Vayamundo Hotel in Houffalize. This hotel will keep all rooms 'exclusively' for LCMT-riders untill 30 November only.
Of course, it's also possible to arrange your own lodgings elsewhere. Anyway, one can subscribe only till the LCMT is fully booked (600 tickets). By subscribing before New Yearsday, you are allowed only to pay a 100 EUR downpayment. The rest can be done before end of February. Cancelling is still possible, read our special terms on that particular subject in 'regulations' (under INFO).
What kind of a cyclist am I?
What kind of a cyclist am I?
If you can say YES to one of the following describings, the LCMT is certainly typecasted for you!
- Competitive cyclist and having a good basic condition & well trained? --> choose XL-rides with or without time registration
- Recreative biker but pretty well trained and you are kicking on climbings (and downhills)? --> choose the XL or why not someday a Large-track >
- You kick on competition but on shorter distances? --> from now on also the 'large'-distance in our mountainbike tour will result in a seperate ranking. Same story for our triathlon!
- Recreative biker with busy job and sometimes a lack of training time? --> use the LCMT tour to get in your best shape again! --> go for ‘medium’-distances or perhaps the 'large'-stages!